Prince Harry wins damages over aerial pictures of his private home

UK

FILE PHOTO: Britain’s Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, meets well-wishers outside of the Barton Neighbourhood Centre in Oxford, Britain, May 14, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) – Prince Harry, Britain’s Duke of Sussex, has accepted substantial damages and an apology from Splash News and Picture Agency which took photographs of his home, Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday.

Harry’s lawyer said Splash had chartered a helicopter on Jan. 9, 2019 to take photos and film the private home of Harry and his wife Meghan, a former American actress, in Oxfordshire, central England.

“The syndication and publication of the photographs very seriously undermined the safety and security of the Duke and the home to the extent that they are no longer able to live at the property,” Harry’s lawyer said in a court statement.

“The property had been chosen by The Duke for himself and his wife given the high level of privacy it afforded given its position in a secluded area surrounded by private farmland away from any areas to which photographers have access.”

Reporting by Andrew MacAskill; editing by Michael Holden

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Hamilton honors Lauda with Monaco pole for Mercedes
BP shareholders overwhelmingly adopt climate resolution
Powered by nature: Norwegian cruise operator signs rotten fish biogas deal
Trump allows attorney general to declassify information about origins of Russia probe
Nike to waive performance targets for pregnant athletes: report

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *